Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am registered to submit my tax return online, but have lost

Customer Question

I am registered to submit my tax return online, but have lost my ID and password.
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Thanks for your question and I am sorry for the delay - your question ha sonly just appeared on the Question list.

I can understand how frustrating this is - but other than try and ring - which you have already done with no joy - then the only other alternative is to request a reissue of both of these through completing an online request. Link below

HMRC will then reissue both to you - although this can take up to 7 working days and I appreciate we have only have 7 working days left until (and including) the 31st Jan 2014 deadline from today (23/01/2014)

You should just make this !

However if you do get charged a penalty - if you are unable to file until after 31 Jan 2014. then appeal against this on the basis you were ready to file, but due to the time it takes for the reissue of the online User ID and password XXXXX the late file was out of your hands

Here is the link to make an online request for the reissue of the User ID AND password.

https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/OSHGGIDInd?dept-name=&sub-dept-name=&location=43&origin=http://www.hmrc.gov.uk

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks Sam