Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Good evening my question is ,How many years back can the tax

Customer Question

Good evening my question is ,How many years back can the tax office go back to reclaim tax credits from you? They say we were overpaid by themselves.My argument is that they had all the information requested and it was them who awarded the set figures

Cheers
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question

I am so sorry to hear of the issues you are having with the tax credit office.

Initially they can go back 6 years although in serious cases like afraid they can go back for the whole claim.

May I ask what HMRC (Tax credit office) have failed to do - to see if I can offer any advise on getting this appeal heard properly for you.
As if its their failure then there is scope to get this disregarded

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Derby Tax office,we made an appeal 2 years ago without any success they were having none of it ,but this goes back to 04/2005 for working tax credit,

child tax credit 04/2005,working tax credit 04/2006,child tax credit 04/2006,

& finally child tax credit 04/2007

Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your response

But I need to know on what basis they are asking for the money back, and what information you state they failed to use