Have Tax Questions? Ask a Tax Expert for Answers ASAP
Please see the responses below:
1) whether this is a permanent move
Yes, this is a permanent move.
2) How many days each tax year do you think you will return to the UK3 days per month approx
3) Will any of these visits be for work purpose, Yes 3 days per month to the UK office.
4) Will you retain any ties to the UK - family or propertyYes I have family in the UK and a propertyl.
5) if you will retain property will you let this out to tenants.Yes the property will be let to tenants.
Please let me know if you need more info
And what if I was to spend less than 36 days in the UK per year, how would my status change please?
I would be working out of the spain office and coming to london 1 per month / every 6 weeks.
In summary would I need to fill out a P85.
How would the Spanish government receive their tax if I was being paid in the UK. Would there be a mutual transfer between the countries?