TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

I am selling advertisement space on my land train Is VAT applicable

Customer Question

I am selling advertisement space on my land train Is VAT applicable as it is an advert
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 3 years ago.

The supply of space for the use of advertising bill-boards - for example the leasing of a plot of land or the side of a building to allow a billboard to be erected is subject to VAT but, Advertising services that involve the use of a billboard are not subject to VAT.
So, if you are selling the space then that is subject to VAT.
You would find this under the 22/12 Revenue Brief.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

find this under the 22/12 Revenue Brief. What?

We are about to operate a land train service on which we have advertising spaces in the form of shields and A5 spaces. Is VAT APPLICABLE a - on the sale of the space b - on the production and siteing

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 3 years ago.
The sale of advertising space is a standard rated business activity. Yes, VAT is applicable.
In my first response I was refering to advertising space such as one would find in billboards.