taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I have been running a small UK Ltd company for a number of

I have been running a small UK Ltd company for a number of years now. At the coy's inception I issued (to myself) 100 £1 shares and deposited payment for these in the company's bank account. After a number of years Companies House requires me to enter a Called Up Share Capital figure for this year in their Abbreviated Accounts of £100. I thought called up share capital related to shares I may have issued in this reporting year. Whilst I have no reason to doubt that CH are right this means shareholder's funds figure is now £100 more than actually exists in the coy bank account. I can't get my head around how that can be right.
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Your called up share capital is total number of shares in issue. If you issued 100 shares of £1 each when the company was formed and that number is XXXXX the same i.e. no further shares have been issued, then your called upsahre capital at year end remains 100 shares of £1 each totalling £100.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Robert, I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.