TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

both myself and my wife are pensioners. My wife does not get

both myself and my wife are pensioners. My wife does not get a full pension, i do and i also pay income tax can we use my wifes tax allowance(obviously unused) against my tax?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.

As of now, it is not possible for part or all of an unused personal allowance to be transferred between married couples or those in civil partnerships I'm afraid. If one or both of you was born before 6 April 1935, you can transfer unused married couple's allowance between you. You can read about that here.

From 6 April 2015, there are plans to allow a spouse or civil partner to transfer £1,000 of their personal allowance to their spouse or civil partner. You can read about that here.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.