taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Hi, If I extend the accounting reference date of my limited

Hi, If I extend the accounting reference date of my limited company, does this mean that the deadline for paying my tax is extended also? My company was registered 6 May 2013, current ARD 31 May 2014, possibly extend ARD to 31 Oct 2014.

Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

The due date for payment of tax is - payable 9 months + 1 day following the end of each CT return period, so in your case there are two payment dates.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, what is the CT return period in relation to the ARD? When will my tax be payable?

Thank you for your reply...

Lets assume the period to 6 May 2013 and 31 May 2013 was dormant and you actually started to trade on 1 Jun 2013.

First period for CT return is 1 Jun 2013 to 31 May 2014 and tax payable on profits no later than 1 Mar 2015.

Second period for CT return is 1 Jun 2014 to 31 Oct 2014 - tax payable no later than 1 Aug 2015.

I hope this is helpful.
I thank you for accepting my answer.
Your reward of a bonus is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes.