Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am a pensioner with an annual income of almost 18000 pounds

Customer Question

I am a pensioner with an annual income of almost 18000 pounds after I have deducted the 10500 allowance. Should I be paying tax.
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question

Yes you should, if all of the £18,000 (after the £10,500 is deducted) is considered as taxable income,
Perhaps you could list the sources of income and advise how much each source is ( you can just advise state pension, or annuity, or former employment pension, or employment or rental income etc, if you would prefer this, rather than give the actual name of the payer)
I can then establish which incomes would be liable to tax and those that might not be, and clarify the tax position to you and any action you may need to take