How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14001
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Do I have to pay Capital Gains tax on the full amount os gain

Resolved Question:

Do I have to pay Capital Gains tax on the full amount os gain if the monies have not been yet received in full?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.

Yes, I am afraid so, the gain is treated as having arisen at the date the sale took place, even if the payments you receive are then staggered over a period of time.


Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you