TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

What tax :years salary £35000.00 tax code K47

Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.

A K47 tax code could be for any tax year. It means that the deductions in your tax code are more than your allowances by about £470 to £480? Can you tell me what your date of birth is and whether you have any taxable benefits in your job such as a company car and/or membership of your employer's private medical scheme. Do you have your tax code to hand?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Already stated year 2013 to 2014 DOB 24/02/1934. Retired this is just my pension. No benefits. One wife

Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the information. Your date of birth did not come through previously. On a tax code of K47, you will pay tax of £7,786.00 for 2013/14.

You should make sure your tax code is correct. It should include a deduction for state pension.