How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 13997
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

in the above case can I claim the cost of traveling from where

Resolved Question:

in the above case can I claim the cost of traveling from where I live to the property being improved to carry out work.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question and asking for me

You advised in your original question that the property had already been sold, and any travel expenses to and from the property would only be eligible to claim against rental income - not the capital gain position.



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you