taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

i put money from my pension lump sum into my wife isas and

i put money from my pension lump sum into my wife isa's and shares can i clame back from her
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Please expand on what your question is?

Is my understanding of your question correct in that

can you ask for the moeny from your wife once you have given it to her to invest in ISA's and shares?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i did not give it to her i only put into her name as i could not put into my isa's so we could get better intress rates the a saveing plan it was not a gift it was for old age holidays and house repairs

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you have not giving me a answer yet on anything im still waiting

Terry, thank you for your reply and explanations.

You may not have given the money to her. The fact that the funds have been put into her name, the sums involved would be regarded as money gifted to her or loaned to her.

I understand your reasoning for putting your pension fund lump sum into a saving account in your wife's name.

Your question is if you can claim back that money from her. There is no reason why your wife can't return that money once the ISA is matured or cashed in and/or when the shares are sold.

If the funds are invested in shares in your wife's name, then any gain from sale of those shares (less gains annual exempt amount) would be chargeable to capital gains tax in your wife's name.

Yes you can have that money back without any tax implications.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.