Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I have just receivedmy adviceof payment for my naval pension

Customer Question

I have just receivedmy adviceof payment for my naval pension and even though it has increased by 2.7% the sum I received is £58 less than last month.   My wife died last November, 2013

Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.

You mention the telephone number 0300(NNN) NNN-NNNNas our number. We are not associated with HMRC I'm afraid. We just answer questions on UK tax from people such as yourself so we have no access to your tax file.

I may be able to help with your question so would you let me know if you wish me to do so, given that we are not HMRC. If so, I will need some more information from you but I won't ask for that unless you wish me to continue.

I await your response.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ask your questions

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please ask your questions

Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I asked if you wanted to go ahead as some people prefer not to deal with what they thought was HMRC but wasn't.

Do you have your last payment slip for the 2013/14 tax year? If so, would you let me know the gross and tax figures for that month, the totals for the year and the tax code used please. That will be on your annual P60 if you have one. Would you also let me know the gross and tax figures for the first payslip of the current tax year, 2014/15. Do you have any other pension income such as state pension or a private pension? If so, let me know what these are before tax please. What is your date of birth? If you are married, were you or your spouse born before 6 April 1935? What is your current tax code? If you have it to hand, can you tell me what is in it in terms of allowances and deductions please.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.

I've got some of the information I asked for that you posted in a new question. I still need to know if you or your late wife were born before 6 April 1935. You mentioned a pension form KCC of £2,600 (per annum?) and Disability Living Allowance of £217.80 (monthly?). Is the KCC pension paid without deduction of tax? Do you receive a state pension? If so, how much is this per week or month or 4 weekly? If the tax figure of £1,314.20 tax figure came from your tax code, please let me know what is in that code in terms of allowances and deductions. If any of the pensions you receive started in the 2013/14 tax year, let me know which and when exactly?

Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
I have to go out for a while but I will be back this evening.