Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

can i pay over due tax of £900 monthly at a low rate

Customer Question

Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for yo9ur question, I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.

Could you advise what you mean by a low rate - do you mean over a period of time, a payment plan?

Could you advise whether you are employed or self employed - and when this tax was owed from.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear am, Sorry for the late reply, I am disabled with a lot of health problems, I have not worked for Eight years and I am on disability allowance and up until the 17th of April Job seekers. Twenty I opted out of serps and it came out last year i received £9,000 and paid tax on it that was the reason the tax office has billed me for last year I would like to pay it off over a time that suits the Tax office what i can afford is that possible Kind regards Avril.

Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.
Hi Avril

Thanks for your response and I am sorry to hear of your health issues and fully appreciate you needing to find a time suitable for you, to respond.

Yes, HMEC will accept a payment over time, put together an income and expenditure schedule of your personal position, so you can identify what's left over, and form this make an offer to HMRC of what you can comfortably afford, per week/per month and offer them that proposal.

They will be willing to consider your proposal, and if agreeable will then put in writing the agreed terms.

Also offer o set up a direct debit for the payments, as this further supports HMRCs willingness to agree a payment plan, as it saves them on admin on having to chase up for missed or late payments.

Do feel free to ask any follow up questions