TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

I own a house in my name only.which I am going to rent out.

I own a house in my name only.which I am going to rent out. As my wife is a none taxpayer is it possible under current tax legislation in the UK for her to be the nominated landlord and receive the rental in her name.
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 3 years ago.
As the property is only in your name making your spouse the "nominated landlord" may not be an option.
A couple can only divide the rental income from a property between them if they both actually own a share in the let property.
The person or persons who own the property are taxed on the property income in relation to the proportion of the property they own.
You can change the property ownership by writing out a deed of trust giving her beneficial ownership from now on but you may want to speak with your solicitor prior to taking that step.