bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Hello,I sell franchises in window cleaning. Is my tax

Customer Question

Hello, I sell franchise's in window cleaning. Is my tax on the total of all window cleaning for each franchise or is it the total I charge for each franchise ? Many thanks. Warren

P.S i need to know where i stand for vat. if it is the 1st, vat will need to be charged for every customer but if the latter they will not. the window cleaners are under the vat line and if mine is on the franchise charge so will i be.

Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 years ago.
Hello Warren, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.

I am of the opinion that the sum to be declared on your annual tax self assessment would be the total you charge on each franchise.

Your franchisees would be taxable on their respective window cleaning receipts as income less the payments they make to you for your charge to use the franchise.

I do hope I have been able to throw some light on your problem.