TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

hi I am a self employed musician who occasionally has to pay

hi I am a self employed musician who occasionally has to pay other people for concerts. How do I show that I do not recieve all the income?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.

You need to keep records of all your income and expenditure, whether the transactions are in cash or by cheque or bank transfer. If you make a payment to another person in relation to your business, if they won't give you a receipt or an invoice, keep a note of the payment, their name and the nature of the payment in your diary or whatever form you keep your business records in, a computer spreadsheet for example. Make notes on your bank statements and keep cheque stubs.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.