Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

my tax code has beenchanged to 6t I am retired and up until

Customer Question

my tax code has beenchanged to 6t I am retired and up until now have not had to pay income tax . I have 3 annuities with prudential who have now stated that they are now going to deduct tax from my annuities , could you please explain why a j hiscox.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.

Can you tell me how much each pension is before tax annually or monthly please. Have you recently started to receive a state pension or have there been any other changes in your income in the recent past? Do you have your own copies of the tax code or codes issued to Prudential? You should have been sent your notification of a code change through the post? If you already receive state pension, how much is this and when did it start?What is your date of birth?