bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am about to start a full time job paying a set salary of

Customer Question

I am about to start a full time job paying a set salary of £18000, my wife earns a salary of £4200 for doing 12 hours a week, since she looks after our 1year old daughter, and we pay no childcare costs. Can you please work out what entitlement we could expect from working tax credits and child tax credits. My salary last year was higher, but this year it will be much lower.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.

It you go to the Government web site 'Tax credits' and follow the link to Child Credit [second one down] you will be presented with a calculator option. This requires the entry of a plethora of personal data to provide an estimate of the Tax Credit you might receive. I appreciate that its completion is confusing and time consuming, but regret that it is the only practical way forward.

I am of the opinion that you would be well advised to use this link rather than giving me the information on an open web enquiry site.