TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

A limited company has trading losses for the current year

A limited company has trading losses for the current year of £25000 plus trading losses brought forward of £150000 and capital losses brought forward of £12000. In the current year the company has a chargeable gain of £207,000 after indexation.What,if any, of the losses can be used against the chargeable gain.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.

The £25,000 trading loss can be offset against the £207,000 capital gain made in the same accounting period (4.1 here). Also, look at the second paragraph here and Section 37 Corporation Tax Act 2010 here. The £12,000 capital losses brought forward can be offset against the £207,000 capital gain made in the current year (4.3 here). Also, look here.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.