taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Help, Although I am registered as a business , someone is

Help,
Although I am registered as a business , someone is threatening to dobb me in to the tax office.This is someone who I agreed to do some work for and thendecided not to go ahead with the work. She is doing this purley out of spite
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Please advise -

What are your concerns... do you file a tax return and declare income from your business?

Have you received any income that has not been disclosed?
Do you maintain business records?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My business records are a little chaotic, but yes I do declare my income and yes I do file a tax return

Vicki, thank you for your prompt reply.

The fact that you file your tax return and that you declare your income is comforting.

Not many tax payers have perfect business records. What is important is maintenance and retention of business records that can enable one to extract information and prepare accounts that reflect correct income and expenses of the operation for tax purposes.
Try to tidy up your business records.

You should not unduly worry about this person who is threatening to report you to HMRC.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.