taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

If you are a director of a company and pay yourself via director

If you are a director of a company and pay yourself via director loans, would you still need to submit tax returns even though no tax is paid on director loans and therefore you are not due tax?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

If you are not receiving a salary from the company and your other income is taxed at source, the likelihood is that you won't have to submit a tax return.

If you have submitted tax returns in the past, you will have to continue unless HMRC writes to you and say there is no need to file a tax return.

I hope this is helpful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi it wasn't the info, it just took a long time to answer. Normally it's pretty quick
Rachel, thank you for your reply.

I answered your question as soon as it was made available to answer. There are times that JustAnswer sytem is down and/or there are internet issues and yesterday was one day when they had problems.

I would request you reconsider your rating as the information is correct. A poor rating reflects badly on me as a professional. If you do not wish to pay for the answer, I would rather you don't rate it.

A slowness in service at JustAnswer should not reflect on my performance,

Experience: FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
I thank you for your consideration.

Best wishes