TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

Hi I want to be informed about the procedure to take tax

I want to be informed about the procedure to take tax back for 2013, I have got my P60, what else I should do?
Also I have signed a permanent full time contract for 15500 per year but my tax code is the same and I dont have 10.000 free tax for example for a monthly payment of 1050 pounds i had 210 tax and 46 for nino. it is a lot of money. I was working as a bank staff and my tax code is BR, now I have sign the permanent full time contract the tax code should change. What can I do?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.

If you would like your 2012/13 and 2013/14 tax positions reviewed, all you need to do is to send your P60s to the tax office (see below re address) with a letter and ask for a P800 tax calculation for each tax year. If you are overpaid, you will get the excess tax back. If you owe tax, you will either need to pay it or have it collected through your tax coding. HMRC may issue a P800 automatically but they may take months to do it so send your P60s to them. Keep a copy of your letter and your P60.

As for your tax code, call the tax office on the number here, explain your situation to them, ask them to review your tax code for the current tax year 2014/15 and to make any necessary amendments. You should be on tax code 1,000L assuming you have only one job. When you call the tax office, ask for the address of the tax office that you should send your P60s to as there several possibilities.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience: Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.