TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I need to know which and how to fill in the appropriate forms

I need to know which and how to fill in the appropriate forms to avoid paying double tax on income earned in four days in Italy this year/last month and in the UK. I am Uk citizen and
need to show my FISCAL DETAILS and National Insurance details, or I will be taxed twice.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.

Even if the income was taxed in both countries, the tax you pay in Italy will be deductible from your UK tax liability under the terms of the double tax treaty between the UK and Italy.

However, in order to prove your status as a UK tax resident individual which is what I believe the Italian tax authorities want you to do, you should obtain a certificate of UK tax residence which you can do by reading the notes here and completing the online application here. There is no other way to obtain the certificate you need.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Which DTA agreement do I need to fill in. I am employee, employed by a company which I own.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.
It will be the UK/Italy tax treaty here.

I have asked just answer to close your other question as it is simply a follow up to your original question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am aware of this document and this treaty, bur when you fill in the form it asks you to specify the DTA number of the country you have worked in
Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.

Do you mean the Article number in the treaty? Is the box you are referring to on the first page of the application?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I can complete most of the form about UK tax certifitication to show Italian authorities, except for the section where you need to fill in the DTA details in the online tax residence form that you directed me to.
Do you know which DTA code I need for Italy, for an employee working for a limited company, but resident in the UK
Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.
OK. Exactly which box on the onliune tax residence form I referred you to are you having problems with? Type the label attached to the box in your response. For instance, the first box on the first page is labelled "Email address". Is it on the first page or the second page? Was this income received by your company or by you personally?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's on the first page and "DTA".
The money was received by my company, SCALPEL FILMS, which I am employed by
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
APologie, it actually says "Articles of DTA" on page 1. I am employed by the company I own, Scalpel Films
Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.

If the income was received by your company, then Article 7 is the relevant tax treaty article.

As your company is a film company, the only other articles which may be relevant are Articles 12 and 17. If your company simply received a fee, then Article 7 is what you need to put in the box.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks.

My film company just received a fee for my services.

Thanks, ***** ***** really helpful