How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3811
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Have a injury claim going through, how will that effect my

Resolved Question:

Have a injury claim going through, how will that effect my working tax credits?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Here is the Citizen's Advice Bureau information on the matter:
'It is important to know what income is non-taxable and can be ignored for tax purposes. You only pay tax on your taxable income so you do not want to include any non-taxable income in your calculations. You do not have to tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) about income which is non-taxable so you leave it off tax returns and any other forms HMRC sends you asking about your taxable income.'
Injury claims are damages and damages are not taxable income. Simple, as the Merkat in the TV advert would say!
I do hope I have helped point you in the right direction.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions