Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Sam I asked a question already and gave card details did you

Sam I asked a question already and gave card details did you see question-in short I am paye HMRC AGAIN have updated my tax code and now state I owe 3.5 k ,I am also leaving the UK in September 30th . the p11d and p60 numbers matched but I cant see why they keep making this issue-how can I reslove as I will be not paying or earning what they have forecast for 14-15
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question and asking for me. This is the first post you have made.
Its not uncommon for there to be underpayments when an employee has benefits such as a compny car. Was there any changes to the company car during the tax year 2013/2014? Or since 6/04/14?
This would account fot the change to your current tax code. The unpaid tax that this change of tax code creates is an estimated position, and based on the tax that should have been collected this tax year but as you are due to leave the UK in Sept 2014 make sure you completeform P85 when you leave and send this to HMRC with you P45 and they can ensure this is fully reviewed along with the taax refunds that will arise due to non use of your full personal allowances and the fact you would only have had the company car part year.
Let me know if you have any follow up questions.