taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Can I pay for my car tax online please

Customer Question

Can I pay for my car tax online please
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Yes you can pay your car tax ( I take it you are referring to Road Tax for your car).

If you have received a reminder from DVLA you would have received a 16 digit reference number to use.

If you do not have the reminder to hand, you should use the 11 digit refernce number from your log book (registration document - V5C)

More information on this can be found here

https://www.gov.uk/tax-disc

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot find the registration number

Matthew, thank you for your reply.

If you have lost your vehicle registration document and or you have not got a reminder for tax disc, then you won't be able to pay for car tax online without either of those.

You will have to contact DVLA and get duplicate registration document to proceed with online payment.

I hope this is helpful.