1) Limited company with 3 Directors
2) No director draws a salary
3) Until now, no expenses have been paid out
4) Project has been funded using Ben's credit card (and his wife's) - he needs to expense it
5) Do we need to register for PAYE and RTI just to file a 100% business-use, cost of sales expense?
This is a one-time project; incurring around £19k in expenses all through funding on personal cards and overdrafts, with payments coming back in chunks and paying those sources down again.
It will last for only two months out of this year. There will be two sub-contractor payments to make (one is technically to a director, but will still be marked as a subcontractor).
It seems that we'd need to be submitting a P11D (£19k expenses being over the £8,500 threshold) at the end of the year for the expenses paid back, but does that necessitate the setup of otherwise unused PAYE and RTI?