TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

We are a charity giving grants and gifts to beneficiaries. Is

We are a charity giving grants and gifts to beneficiaries.
Is this income taxable in the beneficiaries hands?
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 3 years ago.
A grant or subsidy may be received in relation to non-trading activities. In this situation, the grant or subsidy is not taxable income. If someone has to provide goods or services to the person or organisation providing the grant, then it is not grant income.
The same rule applies to the money you give to individuals. If these individuals are closely affiliated with the charity (employee or director) then that amount may be taxable to them as a benefit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 3 years ago.
You are most welcome. Rating lets Just Answer know you were asisted and credits me for my time.