taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I want to transfer 1/2 my share of a holiday let property to

I want to transfer 1/2 my share of a holiday let property to my husband for tax purposes. Will a trust document suffice? Do I need to register it anywhere other then the solicitors?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

A trust document would suffice.
You will need to register the change of registered owner with the Land Registry.
More information on this can be found under "Transfer ownership of your property" here

https://www.gov.uk/registering-land-or-property-with-land-registry/transfer-ownership-of-your-property

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.