TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

Hi I Took Earley Retirement On The 13Th Of June This Year On

Hi I Took Earley Retirement On The 13Th Of June This Year On Leaving My Tax Code Was 1000L My Total Pay To Date When I Retired Was £5426.00 & Total Tax To Date Was £ 584.60 My Pension Should Be £ 1300.00 A Month But I Have To Pay abount £ 300.00 A Mounth In Tax I Do Not Work Now & Not Claiming Any Bennifits Could I Get A Tax Refund Many Thanks For Your Help
Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.

Your tax allowances need to be transferred to your pension. Call the tax office on the number here and ask them to review the code being operated against your pension and to change it if necessary which I think it will be given how much tax is currently being deducted from the pension. Any excess tax deducted will be repaid via your pension when the new tax code is first operated by the pension payer.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.