How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4191
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Completing the Short Tax Return to include Rental Income.

Customer Question

Completing the Short Tax Return to include Rental Income. We see no box to claim the 10% Wear and Tear Allowance. What do we do ? Our rental income is shared equally between Husband and Wife. Thanks Philip XXXXXX

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
The 10% wear and tear allowance is claimed on the property supplementary pages of the self-assessment tax return. The claim is made in box 34 of page SA105 (Income from UK property).
You will need to request an addition form from your tax office or alternatively down load it from the web. HMRC may request you use the Long as opposed to the Short Return
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your support.