TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

Hi. They have advised that I look at my contract of employment.

Hi. They have advised that I look at my contract of employment. Can you explain why this might be the case? Thanks
Emma
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.
Your contract of employment would specify what benefits you are going to get and how those will be settled.
The terms of an employment are set out in the contract between the employer and employee. The contract or agreement will usually specify among other things:
The obligations and responsibilities of the employee (for example:- hours of attendance at the workplace; standards of work; dress code, etc.)
The remuneration package to be paid and provided (this may include cash wages/salary, non-cash benefits, pension rights, etc.)
Any change in the entitlement should be reflected in the contract too.