taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

hello.i have received an email saying that i'm due for a tax

hello.i have received an email saying that i'm due for a tax refund.it says I have to go to a web site to access the form.the web aaddress is www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxpayers/2014/refundation.html.but can't get onto the page.please could you tell me if this is a scam web site as i'm not sure if this is real or not.many thanks. ms morgan
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

HMRC don't send emails to taxpayers advising them of any tax refunds. You would normally receive notification in the post.

If you are registered with Government Gateway for filing tax returns online, you should be able to log in and look at your account status under self assessment.

I have just gone to the link provided and the message I get is ----
We're sorry but the page you're looking for cannot be found

Unfortunately the page you're looking for cannot be found. If you haven't already done so, you may wish to try the search facility to find the page you want.

We value your feedback. It helps us see where we can improve our website. So if you followed a link from within this site to get here, please let us have details using our 'Reporting a bro***** *****nk' feedback form. We can then take steps to fix the problem.

Reporting a bro***** *****nk - feedback form.

It is a scam..

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much for the information.at least these scammers wont get my bank details.i can also warn alot of friends and relative to beware .so thank you again.wendy from swansea

Wendy, thank you for your good words.

If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate the service I provided to ensure I get credited for it.

Experience: FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.