bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

someone set up a company in my name I did not sign anything

Customer Question

someone set up a company in my name I did not sign anything and iam receiving letters from the hmrc I need to get this company closed saap
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
Respond to HMRC telling them that you have no connection with this company which was set up without your knowledge or authority. If they persist then just continue batting their letters back with the same message. Leave it to HMRC to sort the matter out, it is not your concern.
I have lived in my current house for over 36 years and some time ago I received a string of letters dunning a person unknown for a debt. Each envelope was marked 'refused' and 'No one of this name has ever lived at this address for 30 odd years' and put back in the pillar box. Finally a 'Letter Before Action' was received from a firm of Solicitors which received the same treatment. The flow finally stopped!
I do hope I have pointed you in the right direction.
Thank you for your excellent support.