Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I want to no if you can still claim tax credits working and

I want to no if you can still claim tax credits working and child on a single claim if you get 60k from an estate and that capital wasn't gaining any interest?
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.
When it comes to savings and capital sums the tax credit office are only be interested in what income you earn from this capital sum (so any interest or dividends if shares were bought - but you state NIL is earned) then this will NOT affect your claim and you still have an entitlement, Just disclose the fact there is this capital sum in your possession, and that no interest is earned from it.
That way you know
1) you have made a full disclosure and
2) That the amount you receive is paid with them knowing your full financial position
Let me know if you require any follow up assistance, on my response.