TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I WANT TO REPORT AN ACCOUNTANT WHO WAS LIVING IN THE UK AND

I WANT TO REPORT AN ACCOUNTANT WHO WAS LIVING IN THE UK AND NOW RESIDES IN CRETE GREECE.HE IS STILL OPERATING HIS PRACTICE FROM GREECE TO THE UK.HE HAS CONTINUALLY MADE UP FIGURES FOR HIS SO CALLED CLIENTS FOR MANY YEARS,AND ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS HAS USED CLIENTS TAX REBATES FOR HIMSELF,SO CLIENTS HAVE HAD TO WAIT SEVERAL WEEKS FOR THEIR TAX REBATES (WITH THREATS FROM THEM GOING TO THE POLICE),WHICH IS PAID IN TO HIS BANK ACCOUNT BY THE INLAND REVENUE.i DO NOT WISH TO BE NAMED.....PLEASE ADVISE AS TO WHAT ACTION I SHOULD TAKE IF AT ALL....AND WHO TO CONTACT....
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.

If you look here, you will see there are numerous professional accountancy bodies of which the accountant you are referring to may be a member of. He may not be a member of any of them. Anybody can set up a business as an accountant or tax adviser in the UK without being a member of a professional body so there are rogue individuals in the profession I'm afraid.

You could report the accountant to HMRC in the UK if you think he is committing fraud by submitting deliberately false tax returns by calling the number here. You can retain your anonymity as you will see if you click on the first link. Tax agents have to have an HMRC issued agent code in order to be able to submit tax returns electronically to the tax office and they have been know to switch off the ability for some accountants and tax agents to do that if they feel that they have good reason to do so.

An alternative would be to contatc the police but HMRC and the professional bodies would be the best places to start.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He has gateway numbers and does all tax returns on line.here and in the uk.As far as i know he is not registered with c.p.a or f.a.q.I would be obliged if you could give me a telephone number so i can contact the correct authorities and give them my report.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
Try the number here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your information.Iwill contact the number you gave me.This person needs to be reported for fraud.thank you.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
Hi again.

It's been a few days since I answered your question. Is there anything you need further clarification on?