TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

I have spent close to 40k GBP on purchases for cars for my

I have spent close to 40k GBP on purchases for cars for my children over the last 6-7 years. Most have not been repaid, is there any way of creating a vehicle (trust/company) where I might get some tax relief???
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.
Creating a company and using vehicle expense is available but unfortunately, unless the vehicle is actually used in the course of the trade or business the expense and capital allowance is not allowed.
You can claim capital allowances for what your business spends on certain assets that it owns and uses in the business, provided certain conditions are met.
The expense would not be allowed in a trust arrangement either unfortunately.
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience: International tax
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is the tax rate for ISA encashment above my allowance?

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
Hello Patrick
You don't pay any tax on the interest or dividends you receive from an ISA and any profits from investments are free of Capital Gains Tax.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Why is there a tax free allowance for ISA's?

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
That is a limit to the amount you can deposit into your ISA.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Right, that is very good news.

Do I need to declare income from an ISA on my Tax Return?

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
ISAs began on 6 April 1999. Investors pay no tax on any of the income they receive from their ISA savings and investments. You do not have to declare income and capital gains from ISA savings and investments or even tell your HMRC office that you have an ISA.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I do the rating? Can you send me the relevant page?

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
I appreciate your concern to credit me.
It will not let you rate again but you a bonus is allowed.