TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

We are a charity and are hoping to employ a cleaner in the

We are a charity and are hoping to employ a cleaner in the near future. The person would be a pensioner and the only one paid, do we make her self employed or use paye?
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.
In order to answer this question it is necessary to determine whether the person works under a contract of service (employees) or under a contract for services (self-employed, independent contractor).
The same considerations to determine employment status will apply even if the worker works part-time or on a casual basis.
If this individual is employed by the charity then they are an employee and PAYE applies.
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
My goal is to give you excellent service.
If my answer addressed your question please rate. Rating lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for the time.
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
Hi Eileen,
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
You Last Viewed on 27/10/2014 at 15:30 but did not rate or post any follow up.
Let me know,
Robin
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Robin

We are unsure whether we will employ a cleaner, but if we do, she will be self employed, so our question has been answered.

Thanks for your help

Eileen

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that update.
Best wishes to your group.