TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

I can not get the box AC187 to tally

Customer Question

I can not get the box AC187 to tally
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.
The CT600 can be a problem. Although I cannot view your specific situation nor make entries for you I can give you general guidance.
The formula for entry of AC187 is as follows:
AC187 = AC184+AC185-AC186.
AC187 must equal AC74.
AC80 = AC70+AC74+AC76. AC80 must equal AC68.
Check and amend your answers at AC187 and AC74, both values need to be the same.
Common mistake in AC74 is that people input Profit or Loss for the reporting period but it should be the cumulative total of all profit and losses to date.
If you are using the accounts template on HMRC and having made any associated amendments you may find the error is still displayed but this can be cleared by selecting 'next' on the linked error page.