Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

How do I find out if my neighbour who has a live in partner

How do I find out if my neighbour who has a live in partner is paying the correct council tax?
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.
The local council will not provide you with this information as any claim in force to reduce the full council tax will have been granted with confidentiality.
However if you have concerns you can always get in touch with the council - either via telephone or letter or directly through your local council website, expressing your concerns that maybe this has not been considered and could they look into this.
They will not advise you of any outcome, again due to confidentiality reasons, but this may put your mind at rest that a review has been made, of which the neighbour will not be aware of, unless they have a claim in place that is not correct. But even then, your identity will be kept confidential from the neighbour.
Let me know if you have any follow up questions