taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I have not paid income tax for a year how do get help on how

Customer Question

I have not paid income tax for a year how do get help on how to pay the outstanding tax
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

There is advice available from HMRC if you have difficulties paying your tax in full when due.

There is HMRC's Business Payment Support Service helpline. YOu can contact them on 0300(###) ###-####

You should be prepared to offer a realistic payment plan for their favourable consideration. They are likely to be more receptive to an offer to clear the outstanding tax in say no more than 18 months than paying over say 2/3 years.

More information on what help is available and how to approach HMRC can be found here

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/problems/cantpay.htm

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.