How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3811
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have a Director who supplies to software to an American Company

Customer Question

I have a Director who supplies to software to an American Company and others outside of the EU.
He invoices the USA company who then invoices its European elements and the European Companies pay my client.
As my client is invoicing the USA parent company, he is not deducting VAT...what VAT code should he use please?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
This is an export, a zero rated supply. He should invoice the USA company, but apply VAT at 0%. Simple, as the Mercat in the TV advert would say.
I do hope I have help[ed you with your conundrum.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your support.

Related Tax Questions