Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

hi , will my question be public ?

hi , will my question be public ?
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the enquiry
The question and answer thread could be found through the search engines of the internet if another person had a similar question, but as your identify is private this offers your the opportunity to stay anonymous.
Just Answer also provides additional services, which allows communication to take place via a telephone call, if you would prefer, I would just need to know the gist of the information you are seeking, to then send a request to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my question was not if the question would be private .... that was to know if i wanted to ask a question and was asked before payment ,,, im feeling very silly ,, can you see my intended question re rental income self assessment ?

Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your response
I cannot see any question other than you asking whether you question would be made public.
You have already made a payment so are able to now post your question, and I am happy to reply.
Let me know what you wanted to know regarding the rental income and self assessment
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

on a 24k per year rental income what would a non resident single mother be asked to pay in tax before expenses considered . am asking to try and self asses online

I am realy upset with myself if i just paid 24 pounds to ask if my question would be public , that was not the expert advice i came looking for . I hope you can answer my intended question without a further charge . thanks

Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your response
Are you a British citizen, even though non resident in the UK?
If so then you are due to keep personal allowances, allowing the first £9440 tax free
Assuming you have no other income arising in the UK and you spend less than 90 days a year visiting the UK, then the tax due would be £2912
If you had other income arising in the UK, or HMRC did not view you as, not resident, then the tax position may be different
Let me know if you have any follow up questions
Sam, Accountant
Experience: 26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

would you be able to do the online assessment for me and can you quote me on how much that would be ?

Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Hi Lorraine
Thanks for your follow up question
I am afraid we are not permitted to take on clients as a result of our affiliation with them through Just Answer.
I can guide you through what to fill in, via the additional services which can continue this question and answer thread, or via the telephone option - which would available for an additional fee - and be made available once you have accepted/rated this question thread.
I have sent you an offer for now (if you wish to do this over the telephone we can arrange a time that is suitable for you to call me)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can we do this via skype ? my phone is crackling ,, my skype name is lorrainebali1

Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
I am afraid you would have to give me time to install Skype, shall we set up a suitable time (as its 5.42am here now) to give me time to install and then I can resubmit the offer with the appropriate Skype details.
What time would suit you later today?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok great . i have just submitted payment . have to leave here in half hour. so maybe better later , how long do you imagine it will take us to fill in form ?

Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Hi Lorraine
Just installing Skype now - once I have done I will submit privately my details, but also add you to contact list in Skype.
If there is just the rental income in the UK, then we have this and the residency section, and I assume you are using third party software, as HMRcs free online services do not support the residency page as yet.
If you do not have third party software then we shall have to use the paper return, which should have been into HMRC no later than 31st Oct - but I can provide you links for the forms - so you will need to print these off.
let me know what time you will be home later - and what time it is there now.
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Hi Lorraine
Let me know what time would be good for you to Skype, Im all installed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok leaving now and will be back around 7 pm or 8 pm ,, will put my skype on and see when you have time . will look to connect you now what is your skype name ? tx

Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
What time is there now? So I know what time 7-8pm is for UK time _ I have sent you a request - and a message so you know its me (Sam)