How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3829
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am a business sole trader and have been told when I die my

Customer Question

I am a business sole trader and have been told when I die my business ceases to exist I want to find a way that my business will carry on that it will continue to pay bills etc. for my dependants I cannot make a partnership because of tax implications how can I do this please or who can I go to for advice I am also looking to make a will but have to get this problem sorted first thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
To make a will you must seek the assistance of a solicitor who will draft a will for you to execute.
Your business will not actually cease to exist, but its assets will be taken over by your executors if you have made a will or by an administrator if you die intestate who would generally either wind it up, paying off all creditors etc or try to find a buyer and sell it on as a going concern. Any competent local solicitor who you use to prepare your will could be relied upon to give advice on such matters beforehand.
I do hope I have shown you a way forward in this matter.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your excellent support.

Related Tax Questions