Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I have retired and live in Scotland. My income is an MOD pension,

I have retired and live in Scotland. My income is an MOD pension, a Civil Service pension and the Sate pension. When income tax is devolved to Scotland, what rate will my pensions be taxed at if, for example, the Scottish government were to raise the income tax rate.
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I am Sam and am one of the UK tax experts here on just answer.
The new legisislation due to be implemented from April 2016 will see the tax rates (so 20% 40% and 45%) reduced by 10% to 10% 30% and 25% then added on will be the Scottish rate which may be 10% (putting you back equal to UK) or may just be 9%
As yet no final decision has been made but in my expert opinion , I suspect it will initially be 9% will make you 1p better off for every taxable pound.