Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Hi Sam. I'm sorry I think I may have mislead you. The £45000

Hi Sam. I'm sorry I think I may have mislead you. The £45000 sum was turnover and not profit. Would it be in order to request from HMRC another tax return form and refill with correct information? Further I have never paid my husband a wage could this now be a problem for me? Many thanks, Kath
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kath
Thanks for your further question and asking for me.
Yes if HMRC wish you to refill in the whole forms, its the least they can do to supply this to you.
Its not a problem that you haven't paid your husband a wage but if he is being given money from the roofing business in recognition of the work he does (or this is being used directly to pay for groceries or other household expenses) then under the National minimum wage rules, he should be paid for the work he actually undertakes.
But again of the £45000 turnover the business brings in, someone self other than your husband must be actually providing the roofing services and as this would appear to be enough to occupy a person or two full time, they also need to be considered as employed or subcontractors, so this is something else you may wish to consider.