Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I'm filling in my self assessment and i'm not sure whether

I'm filling in my self assessment and i'm not sure whether to put part of my earnings under the partnership category or the self employment category. As I received money from both do I have to split it accordingly to get the overall figure? On a side note my partnership also pays into a private pension fund for myself, do I have to declare this anywhere on my SA?
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question
Yes the self employment and the partnership have to be split to reflect what you received from each
Do you make any contributions to the pension scheme, or just the partnership on your behalf?
If you make them - then yes you declare the contributions on the main part of the self assessment tax return (or if you complete an online return, one of the initial question, when tailoring your tax return asks re pension contributions)