Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Hi My mum has received a demand & been asked to complete a

Customer Question

Hi My mum has received a demand & been asked to complete a Pay as you earn self assessment. She has never had to do this before, and has currently been off sick from work (due to a car accident) since January 13. Is this something her employer should be doing or will we need to try and fill this out?
Kind regards,
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Please advise if she has received a demand to submit tax return for year ended 5 Apr 2014.

You say she has not filed one in the past and that she is currently off sick since Jan 2013.

Has she also received a tax return to complete.?
Has she got a UTR number (unique tax reference number)?

It is the individual's responsibility to file his/her tax return.

I await further news.