How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4996
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I am due to make a payment by 31/1/15. I know how much from

Resolved Question:

I am due to make a payment by 31/1/15. I know how much from my SA form prepared by my tax advisor. I have not yet received a demand from HRMC for this, as has always happened in the past, and do not know where to send the payment.
Can you help please?
W.R.F.Urquhart NI no.ZM838400C
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

If your tax advisor filed a paper return for you then you would have received SA302 tax calculations summary from HMRC together with a slip for payment.

If the return was filed online then you would not receive a demand for payment.

I would advise you to make a payment online and use HMRC Cumbernauld as Tax Office. You will also need to use your 11 character payment reference - 10 digit UTR followed by letter K.

More information on how to make a payment to HMRC can be found here

You will notice from this helpsheet SALF303 that "Whenever payments on account are required for any tax year they are payable without demand - Section 59A(2)

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Expert: replied 2 years ago.
William, you can create a printable payslip to be used for posting your payment to HMRC.
You should post your cheque to

HM Revenue and Customs
BD98 1YY

Here is a link to HMRC site that explains how to create a self assessment payment slip.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Expert: replied 2 years ago.
I thank you for accepting my answer.
Your reward of a bonus is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes.